Insuring Locally, Thinking Globally
Madison Mutual is a small, local insurance company committed to quality in New York State since 1893. Although we are a small company, we are committed to excellence in the greater insurance industry. Employees are asked to continue their education in the insurance field through short classes and webinars. This ensures that Madison Mutual stays current with the market and trends in the industry. Join our team if you are looking for a work environment that won’t let you fall behind in your industry!
Office Representative with Claim Focus
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Madison Mutual Insurance Company is the place! We're looking for a conscientious, customer-oriented person - whether you're a seasonal insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
For this full-time position we provide a competitive salary (based on experience), healthcare benefits, wonderful working environment, tuition reimbursement, a 401K plan and more. If you are an energetic, forward-thinking problem solver; come join our team shaping the future of this company.
Candidates interested in applying for this position may inquire by:
- Mail - send a resume and cover letter to PO Box, 357, Chittenango, NY 13037-0357
- Email - send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the job:
A qualified candidate must be well-organized, able to work independently, be good with people and have good computer skills. Professional growth is strongly encouraged and financially supported.
What you'd be doing:
- Handle all levels of personal and commercial lines property losses (no auto).
- Provide customer service to all policyholder, agents and vendors.
- Work with independent adjusters on behalf of the company.
- Work with outside legal counsel as needed.
- Report reinsured losses to reinsurers when appropriate.
- Pursue subrogation recovery when applicable.
- Report claims figures to management and directors.
- Coverage form review and responding to coverage inquiries from co-workers and agents.
- Ensure claim handling meets or exceeds quality and regulatory requirements.
- All other duties as may arise.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to learn
Preferred candidates may also have:
- Property claims experience
- Knowledge of NYS regulations
- Knowledge of construction and repair methodologies
- Catastrophe claim handling experience
- Vendor management experience
- Professional designations
“Don’t pick a job with great vacation time. Pick one that doesn’t need escaping from.”